This month has not be a complete wash but it's been close to it. With me working, it just feels like there isn't enough hours or mental focus for food preparation. I have tried to simplify meals a bit, adding bowls of carrots, apples and cucumbers to most meals in the past few weeks. These are always eaten, even if the main course if merely picked at. I guess I can take comfort in that.
I think one of the biggest struggles I have had so far this year is figuring out what works for my family. Every family is so different and no matter how many blogs I read or food plans I try, they may not work for us. For so long I think I have been trying to adapt our family to meet the needs of a plan (in all areas of my life) which has always ended in frustration and feelings of discouragement. What I'm slowly realizing is that whatever directions we move in, I need to make sure they are what works for us, even if they aren't "pin-worthy" or something that will even make sense for anyone else.
I'm sad to see March go because I don't feel like I was able to dedicate the focus to this goal that I had hoped, but I'm moving on anyway...maybe I'll circle back around at some point in the coming months. Until then, I will continue to try and focus on fresh choices and simple preparations in my family's meals.
No comments:
Post a Comment