Monday, April 27, 2015

Finally...some progress!

This month will really be the first month that I feel like we made a good amount of headway towards simplifying.  The sale of our home helped in a big way since we were able to wipe out about 7 payments a month by paying off debt.  Just having less money going in and out makes life a lot easier.  I've been using the assigned credit cards for food, clothing and gas and its making it really easy to track.  I guess the 1 caveat is that we have to make sure we are staying on budget for everything else.  I can see us feeling like we have extra money in our checking account and accidentally spending into the money we have allotted to pay off these cards at the end of every month.  The first time this happens we will have to head back to using cash or debit.  We just cannot take the chance of carrying debt from month to month.

Next month...time.  This one should be interesting and I'm glad I checked in tonight to refresh my memory of the the focus for May and get my mind thinking in that direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment